Ew ew ew ew ew ew!! omg I just washed a mouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

screamingI went into the basement to switch loads of laundry,stuck my hand in the washer to grab the last piece,and right  before I grabbed (thank God I didnt get that far), I looked and it was a dead, flat mouse stuck to the inside of the washing machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I AM SO FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW.Omg. How gross.How disturbing.I'm never ever going in the basement again.Ever.

I don't even know if I grabbed it up with the clothes and put it in there..was it dead was it alive? how did it get in there.??????

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Has anything like this ever happend to you?!?!?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 2:16 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'm sorry to hear that, but if it makes you feel any better, I once washed a puppy. I still feel guilty over it. My dog gave birth last July 4th to 10 puppies. On the 6th I washed the bedding from the crate. I carefully counted out 10 puppies when I switched bedding. This was not the first bedding change, and each time there were only 10 puppies. I carefully counted 10 when I put the clean bedding in and placed them back in. I threw the bedding in the washer, when it was done, went to take it out and there was a puppy in there. I went back to the crate and one by one I took those puppies out and counted them, there were 10. I put them back and counted them. There was 10. Apparently she had another one that day and I didn't know about it. She should have never given birth 2 days after, but it happened. It still makes me sick.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 5:44 PM on May. 27, 2011

• ahahha I'm so sorry to laugh but it is just so gross it's funny! There was once a dead rat in our garage that was decaying! hmmm, it must have been nestled in some clothes when you threw them in.... ugh, get hubby/SO to take care of it and bleach your washer and rewash the clothes!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:19 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Never happened to me in the washer...EW EW EW is right! Makes me cringe thinking about it. It did happen to me when I scooping out the last of the dog's food out of the 50 pound bag; in the scoop-LIVE newborn baby mice. So I understand the ew ew ew ew completely.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:20 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Ewww!!!! That is soooo gross. I'm glad it was you and not me. J/K hahahahaha! I had a baby mouse nest in my piano last summer and just about died! It took six traps to catch momma and all her little babies. I'm just glad they didn't get into my food pantry!
    I was told that leaving unused dry sheets around your basement, shed, garage, etc was a way to keep them away. You only have to change them out once a years....supposably. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm willing to give it a shot. :0) (just remember where there is one there is more!)
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 2:21 PM on May. 27, 2011

• ewe

Answer by admckenzie at 2:21 PM on May. 27, 2011

• yucco , once i found a dead bird in the dryer vent that led to the outside , so i guess it flew in there and couldnt get out and died in there.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:21 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I find dead mice in various places in the house, but never the washer. I guess with the mighty hunter cats I have I've gotten used to the dead thing. The worst was the snake, flat under a pile of boxes.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:23 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My son's cat brought us a snake, still alive to our back door. I was standing in a chair, the cat was all proud of himself and my son was screaming.
    My son got an ax and I got a piece of wood, I knocked it off the porch and my son chopped it with the ax. used the sick to take it away from the house, then I poured gasoline on it, cuz I didn't want the cat the bring it back again.
    The mouse in the washer would be worse. Ewww...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 2:24 PM on May. 27, 2011

• not me, but I distinctly remember being at girl scout camp and one of the moms was telling about how she was getting ready to bake a pie, but had to clean the over first.
    While she was preheating the oven, she say that she had cooked a mouse!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:25 PM on May. 27, 2011

• eww
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:35 PM on May. 27, 2011