Would you move to a different city if it may help you get over your ex?

I am in the beginning of an extremely heart wrenching break up. I found out that he was being unfaithful after 7 months and do not know if I can continue to live so close to him (we live 2 minutes apart) it is very difficult for me. Our children attend the same school so at a minimum we would be in the carpool line together.I dont know if there is a solution for me,and I know that running away is not the answer,but if I could recover from this pain at a faster pace,I would do it. Any thoughts??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• i would move for sure
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:21 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Yea, I would move. I could not handle being so close to him.
    techgirl3

Answer by techgirl3 at 2:22 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't uproot myself or my children. It is hard, and it is harder when you see him everyday. But only you can decide what will work best for you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:23 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Sence you two have kids together. it will not help.

Answer by louise2 at 2:23 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I did and it worked for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:24 PM on May. 27, 2011

• It's going to hurt regardless of where you live but if it is less painful moving, do it. Only you know what is best for you.
    marta13

Answer by marta13 at 2:32 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Me personally.

I would not move. I would not let something like that push me to uprooting my life and my children's lives. He cheated, that's on him. I would have nothing to hide from, are shy away from. He cheated on me, he should be uncomfortable seeing me, not the other way around..KWIM..Especially if it was not a long term relationship, we had no children together..etc. Cheating can be devastating, I've been through it, though with a husband of 9 yrs (at the time) and a 3 year old. So I know how much cheating hurts and can affect someone. However, I also learned that the affects only affect me as much as I choose to let them.  And in the situation you are describing, I would choose to not let it change me or my life, much less my child's life. No point in me moving away, I would just need to hold my head up and move on.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:34 PM on May. 27, 2011

• You have nothing to run away from - he should be the one who hangs his head down in shame. The best revenge is not let him know how much it hurts you and make it known that you are better person w/out him and its loss. Believe me, time heals and each day it will be better, you will become stronger and in a few months from now when you do see him, he will only be a memory.....
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 3:17 PM on May. 27, 2011