When did you find out what you were having?

I'm 12 weeks and 5 days. I want so badly to find out what I'm having. I know that i might find out around 18-20 weeks but I'm hoping not.

MommyToBTiffany

Asked by MommyToBTiffany at 2:22 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• when the baby was out... I LOVED the wait... made is just SO special.
    Anonymous

• Between 40-43 weeks with my babies.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:29 PM on May. 27, 2011

• When I gave birth.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:30 PM on May. 27, 2011

• With my 1st I was 20 weeks pregnant and found out. With my 2nd I was 18 weeks.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 2:30 PM on May. 27, 2011

• you wont find out until about 20 usually unless youre having complications and even then they dont always find out!! I found out early, 19 weeks 6 days... I have heardit is possible to find out 5+ weeks with blood testing but that could be dangerous unless its necessary to test for a condition, otherwise I would wait!!
    kpolitte

Answer by kpolitte at 2:34 PM on May. 27, 2011

• 19 weeks... I have that sonogram on video! But no VCR :( They couldn't put it on a DVD, but it was amazing to watch.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 2:47 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i found out at 19 weeks, but my mind knew what i was having already at 10 weeks.....which was super odd, i had a dream about giving birth to a little boy and found out 9 weeks later im having a boy lol
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 2:55 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I found out at 14 weeks wit my first and 18 wit my second
    Littlemomma174

Answer by Littlemomma174 at 3:12 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i found out at 26 wks and i live in st thomas
    hamilcha

Answer by hamilcha at 4:46 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I found out at 16 weeks that I was having a boy. It is *possible* to find out the gender as early as 12 weeks via ultrasound. Google "angle of the dangle" lol...all babies start out with a little nub that will become either the penis or the clitoris but apparently a specially trained u/s tech can differentiate between the two depending on the angle. I'm sure that closer to 20 weeks is more accurate, though, for now, until it becomes common practice/training for u/s techs to check angle of the dangle.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 5:06 PM on May. 27, 2011