Trying to conceive... I have a question to everyone out there???

I've been trying to conceive but I guess it's just not the right time. I had a question I read that drinking caffeine actually slows down the process of getting pregnant.... Has anyone else heard of this???? I do drink a lot of caffeine and since then I've cut back a lot maybe only drink a can of soda a day as opposed to 3/4 a day. Thanks to anyone who responds.

Arual2303

Asked by Arual2303 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i never heard this before
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I've heard things like that about foods/drinks to eat and not to eat to help get pregnant. I remember one thing I read said to eat alot of ice cream (I think because of the calcium or something) I guess it worked for me because the month that i started eating ice cream everynight i got pregnant (along with ttc ofcourse) That may not be why but I do think I remember cutting off the caffeine to.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 10:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• In the book what to expect when you are expecting it says not to drink alot of caffine because not only can it cause you to have a hard time conceving it can also cause you to have a miscarrage when you get pregnant.
    emilyhopesmom

Answer by emilyhopesmom at 10:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• what to expect when expecting was made in like the 80's a lot has changed since then.

when you are pregnant up to 300 mg of caffeine is fine during pregnancy if that helps at all. i dont even pay attentino to the caffeine and my baby is JUSt fine.
    Anonymous

• yes it can make it harder but im the same and i had a hard time i went to drinking juices and water and still nothing happened so i gave up and i got pregnant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• What to expect when expecting is updated every few years. But if you are only drinking 1 soda a day you are fine. If you are having a hard time, you can start charting your basil body temperatures. Use www.fertilityfriend.com They have tons of articles on everything and they are a great charting website. good luck
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2008