After starting school

My son is about to start pre-k. I want to know after your kids started school did there behavior in any area become better or worse? What an I expect?

Kimkh

Asked by Kimkh at 2:35 PM on May. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• My son went to a private pre-K at an Episcopalian church. If anything, I think his behavior was better, although he was and is a very well-behaved kid. He had a great time interacting with other children and learning new things. He got a chance to practice the manners we taught him at home, and he learned to be more patient with other people.

When my son was at daycare, there were some things he learned there that I didn't like, cuss words!! But, we use them at home too, so it's six of one half dozen of the other. You just have to be consisten, they aren't allowed to do that in your home! I don't regret any of the childcare arrangements that my son had. I think that overall, they were positive experiences for him.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 3:29 PM on May. 27, 2011

• worse cause they learn bad habits , and words and behaviours from other kids , but what ya gonna do
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:42 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I noticed no difference, better or worse.
    Anonymous

• better i loved my son headstart teachers they showed him manners and had the kiddos on check
    crystal7.22.201

Answer by crystal7.22.201 at 3:42 PM on May. 27, 2011