Sunburn peeling

I got a little sunburned and it's started to peel. Is it better to just let it fall off or peel it away? Also, if I put lotion on it, will it stop itching when my shirt rubs on my shoulders?
My son got a little under his eyes and keeps telling me it hurts. There's probably nothing I can do to help that, right?
Sorry for the stupid questions. lol

Tink05215

Asked by Tink05215 at 2:35 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Health

• no such thing as a stupid question. peeling isn't gunna hurt...sometimes. depends on how moist the skin is.
    get aloe vera!!! put aloe vera on your sun burn & then moisturizing lotion after. ya might wanna do this a couple of times a day. the day you get a sunburn you could put milk of magnesium on your skin and that'll help take the sting out. asprin helps too.
    as far as the itching..lotion, lotion, lotion!! aloe vera for the burn, lotion for the itchies!
    i grew up with fair skin and now tan on a regular basis. these little tricks have saved my burnt booty many times ;)
    SarahM.1983

Answer by SarahM.1983 at 2:42 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I've always peeled it off and it never hurt me. Lotion should help the itching though. If you have aloe vera you can put a little on your son just make sure he doesn't rub it in his eyes.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 2:41 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I get sunburnt sometimes. You should try using aloe vera it works good for sunburnt.
    changofamily127

Answer by changofamily127 at 2:46 PM on May. 27, 2011