Do you have a child older than 3yo who never had the Hepatitis B vaccine?

We visited the PED for a routine check up which involved vaccination. Looking at my son's schedule he is behind of shots and the doctor want us to meet the schedule and to start thinking about preschool. But although his continuing insistence on getting the vaccines he said that my son won't need the hepatitis B. So my son is 3 and no Hepatitis B vaccine has been given.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my dd wil be 5 and she has never had one, neither has my almost 2 year old son.....it's unnecissary imo, the only way you can get hepatitis is through body fluids, i don't see how my children are going to come into contact with someone's blood or other things. i have had the series b/c of nursing school and it's not pleasant, not something i want my children to have to go through unless it were necissary
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:56 PM on May. 27, 2011

• None of my kids have had the Hep B shot...they are 5, 5, 3 1/2, and 5 months.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:59 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Thanks for your answers.
    I've found out the Hepatitis B vaccine is only necessary every 1O years and when one belongs to the following groups:
    Drug addicts need the Hepatitis B.
    Doctors are recommended to have the vaccine and case of coming in contact with infected blood.
    And that promiscuous people must have it since their lives involve having sex with different people. Prostitutes should have the hepatitis B.
    So if you think that your child will fit in one of the groups above then he/she must have the vaccine.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:12 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My daughter is 8 and never had any immunizations. After researching the ingredients and the problems associated, I have opted out. My oldest ones got them when they were little.

I had the series when I was working in healthcare and have had numb fingers since.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 4:44 PM on May. 27, 2011