What.............

What is it like being in labor? painful? Not so painful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Every women is diff. My labor was extremely painful and I got an epi a friend of mine went through after water broke labor for 32 hrs. all natural...it hurts...it's just a matter of how much pain you can tolerate and weather you want to or not.

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 3:10 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i dunno..i had a c section..but it doesn't really matter...you wont even be thinkin about it once that beautiful baby is here..
    brookenbrodyn

Answer by brookenbrodyn at 3:10 PM on May. 27, 2011

• it's different for everyone. i didn't go through labor with my 1st i had a c-section. and with my 2nd my water broke and i was having contractions and started dealing with labor but they gave me a c-section before it could progress any more..the dr didnt want me to try a vbac.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 3:10 PM on May. 27, 2011

• it really depends on the person everyone responds to the pain different you need to get you mind set on 'THE GOAL' and have a really good coach who will keep you comfortable.
    for me it was like really bad cramps, but i had more lower back pain than anything but having my hubby rub the area helped, i was uncomfortable cuz the doc and nurses made me lay flat on my back and i wanted to be on my hands and knees it was more comfortable to sway back and forth and relieve the pressure on my back, you cant get comfortable and you might be kinda annoyed by everyone telling ya to do this and that so choose a good midwife or practitioner that isnt just trying to get ya in and outta there
    RobinEsMommy

Answer by RobinEsMommy at 3:13 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Pain with a purpose . . . But some moms report no pain and others report ecstasy between the pain and others say it's insufferable and others say it is the kind of pain that they totally forget about the minute the baby comes out.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 5:03 PM on May. 27, 2011

• When contractions start, you may not realize that labor has started. They feel a lot like menstrual cramps for most women, but can also feel like low back pain or just feels like the uterus is tensing up or getting hard. If you can imagine it, The muscles of the uterus are squeezing or shortening and from the top of the uterus they are pushing down on the baby towards your cervix. You may also feel pressure at the bottom of the uterus where the baby will eventually be exiting into the birth canal once your cervix has opened. When you are in labor, the "pain" that most women feel is only when the muscles of the uterus are contracting. This occurs in bursts lasting anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or so. Some may last up to 90 seconds, but usually not longer than that. The breaks in between the contractions vary in length and start out long, but get shorter as labor progresses, and they are very restful.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 7:08 AM on May. 28, 2011

• mine was awful, I had back labor. Not okay, hated it, cried so much it hurt so bad, and the pain never let up, EVER
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:55 PM on May. 28, 2011

• For me as long as I can move around, walk and do what I want to do to help, its ok, but being forced to lay down sucks
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 9:04 PM on May. 28, 2011

• It depends on your confidence, support, setting~~
    It can be very painful, or blissfully ecstatic!!

What kind of a birth experience do you want??
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:38 PM on May. 28, 2011