Mysterious Sippy Cup!

I have a question out there for all moms who could possibly help me figure this out. Lately I have been facing a mysterious situation with my daughter's sippy cups. The other day I was getting her ready for bed and I got a sippy cup out of the cupboard. Looked inside for the yucky soap residue and there was none. So I rinsed it anyway (as I usually do) grabbed an insert and lid and poured her some milk. I laid her down and off to bed I went. The next morning I woke up and grabbed her sippy cup and blanket from her bed and went to the kitchen to wash it and pour her some fresh milk. I opened the sippy cup and BAM! curdled milk!!! I looked around thinking, what in the world?! I just poured this last night. And we have just moved in to our new place so those of you thinking there must have been another cup, there wasnt. So yesterday we woke up, I grabbed a new sippy cup from the store bag (I bought new ones) and washed it out and poured her milk for daycare. I went to pick her up 4 hours later and they said her sippy cup was in the fridge with her name on it. I got in the car with her and opened her cup to pour her some fresh juice and BAM! spoiled milk again! I do not know if anyone else has ever had this problem. But how in the world is my milk spoiling over night, over a period of a few hours?? My milk does not expire for 6 more days. I have been drinking it too and it is not bad. I know this problem has to be coming from the sippy cups but I do not understand how? My daughter is 3 and I have never had this problem before!

amanda2287

Asked by amanda2287 at 3:10 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ew
    is it espcially hot where you are? maybe the heat is making it curdle faster. The overnight..I can understand that happeneing...but yeah..the one in the daycare that was in the fridge the whole time, that weird. idk. :(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:13 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i've had the same problem...maybe its the way they are making the cups now?? I took my daughter off the sippy...now she gets big girl cups. It seems to work better now LOL
    brookenbrodyn

Answer by brookenbrodyn at 3:14 PM on May. 27, 2011

• The Mysterious Sippy Cup and the Case of the Curdling Milk
    When you figure it out you could write a book lol
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:17 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Maybe it is just really hot in your house? I really have no clue. Anyways, I would not recommend putting a kid to bed with a sippy cup....but that is just me.
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 3:37 PM on May. 31, 2011

• At night I would agree it is heat from your house and/or daughter. But if the sitter had it in the fridge and it curdled it has to have something to do with the cup.

Also you really shouldn't give a child over 1 anything but water at bedtime. I personally think 3 is too old for a sippy at bedtime anyway, but while you are breaking the habit water only.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 1:51 AM on Jun. 13, 2011