Will home test show up late in the evening?

my husband and I have just started trying for a baby and i don't want to get my hopes up but i'm 12 days late for the longest cycle of my period today so i'm rather excited, i'm wondering if i should just wait until the morning to take it or if tonight would work too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• your 12 day passed your missed period??
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 3:19 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes, it can show up in the evening, especially the further along you are. But its better to take it with the first urine in the morning. But if your like me and can't wait, I'd do it in the evening anyway,lol. If it comes back negative, take another one in the morning. Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:20 PM on May. 27, 2011

• yes, my cycles are crazy so they're very difficult to track!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:21 PM on May. 27, 2011

• It generally doesnt matter if you ahve missed a period...if your testing early is when you should use the morning urine because it;s more consintrated and would have more HGC levels so the test can read it if your pregant,but if your late it doesn;t matter.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 3:21 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I always got a clear positive result anytime I took a test BUT it just depends on your hormone levels. In the morning your urine is less diluted which is why it's recommended.
    I remember buying a test and waiting until the next morning to take it and I kept dreaming about taking the test over and over and over again! Most times it was positive, sometimesit was negative but I was lucid enough to realize I was dreaming and when it came up negative I said to myself, "That's ok, it will be positive in the next dream." It was a horrible night lol
    My suggestion? If you really an't wait buy a two pack! Test tonight and if you don't get clear results try again in the AM.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:23 PM on May. 27, 2011

• TEST!!! and let us know :)
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 3:25 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My cycles are ALWAYS messed up too, so being late was never out of the norm for me but I also know how frustrating it was to get my hopes up and get a negative hpt. However, this time around I was not only late, but I was feeling sick. So during a trip to Walmart I bought a pack of two HPT's and took the first one when I got home around 6pm...to my surprise it was POSITIVE right away....I had to take the other one just to be sure, and POSTIVE again! We had been trying for about 6 months... Good luck!
    SDA722

Answer by SDA722 at 4:58 PM on May. 27, 2011