Applying for a job in Maryland.. need tips please

I'm originally from south Asia. Just got my work permit recently. i was thinking for a teacher's assistant job now. i have a masters degree and i want to teach at an elementary or middle school (i have already taught in elementary school back in my country so i decent experience in it). But unfortunately i have no idea what so ever how to apply for a teacher's job here in Maryland. anyone living in this state has an idea how to start? also how much should i ask for minimum pay? most importantly what is the procedure?
I did check a few school's websites but most of them don't have the option of applying online from there. any sort of tips would be helpful and great appreciated. thanks in advance

cookie269

Asked by cookie269 at 3:23 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• Go to the website for the Maryland county you are interested in. Public school teachers are hired through the county. You can Google the name of the counties in MD. Stop in at the county's department of education too for info. Also for private school go to the website or stop in. GL!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 3:26 PM on May. 27, 2011

• You will have to get certified to teach in Maryland...go down to the school board if they have 1 and talk to someone there about it or go to a school and ask them where you would go to get whatever info you need to become certified there.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 3:27 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Contact the state's board of education

Answer by rkoloms at 7:36 PM on May. 28, 2011