Has your kid every stuck up for you?

My son is about to be three, so he isn't old enough to understand a lot why people act certain ways...But he knows right from wrong. Let me preface this by saying that I am tattooed and do understand that it will attract tons of reactions. I have a full sleeve and a half sleeve (meaning my arms are tattooed). Well today in the store an older lady was with a group of her friends behind us in the check out line. She walked about two feet from us and stared me down. Then, loudly, said "Look at all those nasty tattoos shes got on her arms! *tisk tisk*" Which got everyones attention. I ignored her and continued loading the cart. Then she said it again. I was watching my son out of the corner of my eye and when I saw his angry face I turn to look at him. He looked at her like she was a two head monster and said "What?! Shut up." He threw his little hands up and said "Go on now. Get!" This only gave her more to talk about but I have NEVER been more proud of my baby boy. Have your kids ever stuck up for you? It lets me know I am doing my job as a Momma and raising him to not be mean. <3

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 3:32 PM on May. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• ahhh.... Mommys Boy..
    No, but maybe when someone eventually points out that I'm fat he will lol~
    Gottta love the love of your babies.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:35 PM on May. 27, 2011

• LOL..I can picture a 3 year old boy doing that, aww he loves his mama :)
    My oldest son who is now 11 has stuck up for me on several different occassions.
    I've been suprised how angry he can get when it comes to me.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:35 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Love it!!!

We've never been in a situation to where my DD (5yo) has ever had to stick up for me. However, we were playing SpongeBob on Wii yesterday and she kept yelling at the bad robot things "Don't you hit my Mommy!"

girl giving flower

AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:35 PM on May. 27, 2011

• AWE!!! That is sooo sweet! You have good reason to be proud of your baby!!!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:36 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Oh yeah my son is the one who has stuck up for me on many occasions I would tell him well her parents did not teach her manners and how to be nice. Its a sad day when a child knows better then adult how to be polite.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:45 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i cant stand RUDE people u r better than me i would have went off! way to go to your lil one!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:46 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Thanks alot! I just spit my afternoon coffee all over the keyboard!! That is too damn cute! If I were there I would have been laughing, and my boyfriend probably would have said something like "Yeah boy! You tell 'em!" He's got tons of tats and encourages kids to speak up to rude people lol.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 3:49 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I havent quit smiling. He got icecream for that one lol I wish he wouldn't have had to be in that situation but sadly there are people that will judge you before even saying hello. On the bright side, my kid is not one of those! :)
    MommaWoods

Comment by MommaWoods (original poster) at 3:54 PM on May. 27, 2011

• That's so sweet! I love when my DS sticks up for me, it's super cute.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 4:29 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Obviously your little guy knows rudeness when he sees & hears it!

What a nasty old b***h!! I cannot stand older women who seem to leave the house only to pass judgement on everyone around them.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:17 PM on May. 27, 2011