Do you think that a dance mat game is too girly for a 7 year old boy?

I want to get my 7 year old a dance mat game for Christmas but my hubby says that it is too girly i dont think so and he loves to dance and listen to music so I think its a great way to get him exercising..what do you think?

mom0f6517mths

Asked by mom0f6517mths at 10:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Holidays

• I think it is a great idea; that game is not geared towards girls. It is a generalized game to work on coordination and motor skills while also getting in some physical activity. I think hubby loses this argument. Besides, plenty of guys dance (ballet/jazz or just at the clubs), there is nothing wrong with teaching him rhythm, movement, and a love of music and dancing...... you'll have just as much fun too if you join in!!!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I have to laugh I'm sorry... My SO got that dance dance revolution(DDR) when it first came out and would play it until the morning light. So no it's not girly it's an AWESOME game esp. if you can't play outside too often or they just won't. Up here usually we get alot of snow so any active inside game/activity is gladly welcome!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 10:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I know more guys that have DDR than girls :D It's most definitely NOT a girly game.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Oh no, no girly at all. My hubby and I both like it, the kids like it too.
    littlejjsmommy

Answer by littlejjsmommy at 11:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Anytime that i have been in an arcade with the kids, its the boys that I see doing the dance stuff. So I don't really think its girly at all, in fact it seems quite complicated. Tell him to look at it like this....its exercise and will develop coordination and critical thinking skills.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• No it's not girly.....get it for him. He will love it. Let him be himself
    ronronsbeauty

Answer by ronronsbeauty at 11:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2008