Can't help the way I feel?

My SO is friends with his ex, which I'm as okay with as I can be. I don't think anything is going on between them,but every time he is over there for whatever reason...like right now he went to give her CS. I texted him and I asked if he was going to hang out and visit with his kids for a bit this was an hr. ago..a half hr. ago without a response i texted " ?? " he just now texted me back "sorry..yeah I'm gonna hang out a bit"...I'm fine as long as he responds within at least 15 min. or my mind starts to go...omg..what are they doing?? I hate that those thoughts enter my mind,but I can't help it...it;s his ex..they have had sex they were married...I trust him...but he is a man. She doesn;t seem like the type to get with a man who is with someone else even if it is her ex...I just don't know how to not feel like this!!

I'm not looking for the "he shouldn't be friends with his ex" or " he shouldn't be hanging out over there"  responces. This is something I knew from the get-go and something I am okay with for the most part.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• go w/ him over there... make friend with her. Keep your "enemies" closer. lol
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:49 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm with PP. You're his kids step mom and should be involved too.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:50 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Have you ever asked 'can I come too?' me and my DF have opposite sex friends, but we hang out with them together or in a group of friends. Why can't you be her friend too? Or at least friendly enough to 'hang out'
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 3:50 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I was going to say the same thing. Go with him, see how they interact with each other.
    It's something that will probably get better with time
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:52 PM on May. 27, 2011

• IDK..that's a hard one there, does he bring the kids over to yall house, or he just hang over there with them, and at least your showing him that your a very confident women and trust him, but yes he should get back with you right away when you text him or let you know when he decides he going to be long
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 3:52 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I have met her a few times and the problem is she talks sooo much crap about my SO and of course I have to tell him and she even throws jabbs at me...but in that...not to offend you kind of way. She pisses me off!!!! She's a speak before you think kind of person. I don;t want to be around her more then I have too. He does bring his kids here,but she has plans tomorrow morning and if he brings them over they will want to stay the night and he doesnt want them to cry.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:59 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Don't let him go over there by himself. Go with him. And if he tells you not to, then you know something is up.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:13 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My BFF is in the same situation!! You should go and "keep your enemies closer" other wise you will go nuts, cause you mind will always wonder!!
    Hopeful_Gam

Answer by Hopeful_Gam at 4:14 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Sorry I would NBOT be okay with my man hanging out with his ex girlfriend alone if they dont have any kids together. Sorry I think something is up.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:18 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Lighten up. He is there with the kids there. Not all men are pigs and not all women are whores.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:21 PM on May. 27, 2011