Would u get a blood test to see how much longer you have to live?

http://www.thestir.cafemom.com/healthy_living/120962/new_blood_test_tells_you?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=fanpage

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Health

• no- its pointless when a bloodtest can't decide when an accident is going to happen and it may give you false hope and you just might put off doing something important and tomorrow never come after all~
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:58 PM on May. 27, 2011

• No I would just live and enjoy it
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:56 PM on May. 27, 2011

• No. Why depress myself?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:10 PM on May. 27, 2011

• no. even if they could give me an estimate...it would be just an estimate. doc's assume how long sick people have to live and those sick people have been known to exceed those expectations.
    SarahM.1983

Answer by SarahM.1983 at 3:56 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Nope. I would always think about it and never truly enjoy life.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:57 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i wouldnt want to know either... y the hell are we wasting money on this crap.. shouldnt we be putting it towards cancer or something else that can save people
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:58 PM on May. 27, 2011

• it's not like it can tell you if you would die in a tornado tomorrow ANYWAY! i believe that this is just a way to start a genetic screening program for people who already have chronic illnesses, so that we will be forbidden to have chldren, or buy health insurance.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 4:01 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I don't know how I feel about this. I don't want to know an approximate date, but I would like to know how fast I'm aging. If I found I was aging faster than I should be, then I would know to do things differently to try and slow it down. Eating healthy all of the time, getting plenty of rest, avoiding stressful situations. Without knowing what impact not doing those things is having on my personal timeline, I have no real way of knowing if I'm doing things as I should be or not. Some of it's common sense - obviously if you're averaging 3 hours of sleep a night over a period of many years that's going to negatively impact your life. But is 7 hours going to slow down your aging as opposed to 6 hours?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:05 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes, without hesitation.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:03 PM on May. 27, 2011

• If I didn't have to pay for it - sure.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:56 PM on May. 27, 2011