What would you think if someone told you they did this?

Would you laugh, would you think it wasn't a big deal, would you be mad as hell or would you be indifferent if someone told you that they A) purposely fed pork to a Muslim, knowing that they could not eat pork & lied to them about it (when asked if she used pork to season the food she lied and told them she used turkey) and B) threw away a Muslim man's prayer rug (and called it a "magik carpet") simply because she hated him because he was Muslim. I had a member of a FB group I belong to brag about doing those things and as a Jewish woman who doesn't eat pork and who has sons and a husband who wear yarmulkes and as a human being who believes in religious freedom (and the freedom to NOT practice any religion at all) I was mad as hell that someone would do such things but others seemed to applaud her actions and others seemed indifferent. How would you feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'd be highly pissed. Since you disclosed that she is black, I'd probably ask her how she'd like it if somebody told her to take a seat in the back of the bus, or how she'd like it if she was refused service in a restaurant because of her skin color. I swear, some people don't have a brain in their heads.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 7:06 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think it's childish and disrespectful.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:05 PM on May. 27, 2011

• That is disgusting, truly. It makes me a little sick. If someone disrespected her beliefs or tricked her somehow to betray those beliefs, she would freak out. This is just so sad. (I am an atheist, not that it matters, just a frame of reference)

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:10 PM on May. 27, 2011

• If someone was disrespecting her in this way she would be mad why should this be any different?

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:16 PM on May. 27, 2011

• The individual is an inhumane pig. She doesn't have any human descency nor any respect. Hopefully the karma bus will come and run her ass over and back right back over her.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:16 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I don't remember the exact details of the case, I'll see if I can find it. People have been sued for doing that in the past, and lost. The case I remember wasn't a Muslim, it was a vegetarian Hindu, but the same circumstances - someone thought it would be funny to feed them beef and lie about it. The victim sued and won.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:16 PM on May. 27, 2011

• That's really horrible! I would be mad. Luckily no one I personally know would do such hateful and spiteful things
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 4:06 PM on May. 27, 2011

• thats not funny.. thats rude and racist
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 4:11 PM on May. 27, 2011

• its not racist.... race is when your have hatred towards a race not a religion that's being a bigot if you have hate towards a religion.
    Someone like that would make me sick and make me wants to slap them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:12 PM on May. 27, 2011

• How disrespectful.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:19 PM on May. 27, 2011