De Quervains syndrome

also knows as Tenosynovitis. It is a painful disease of the first compartment of the wrist. I had one corisone shot and it helped for a little while, but now my wrist is very swollen again and the pain is back. My Orthopedic Surgeon doc said i may have to get surgery done to correct the problem. It is supposed to be done in 20min and while you are awake. I was wondering if anybody has had this surgery done and how it went. I am a little worried about having to be awake to get this type of surg. done....especially since they have to cut the band that keeps getting the tendon "stuck"

team21

Asked by team21 at 4:07 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Health

• I had dequarvaines and the shot, never had a problem after that. A friend of mine had the surgery and said it was not a big deal at all
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 6:43 PM on May. 28, 2011