When will this feeling go away

My husband decline several times in reconciling with me. No matter how many times I tried to talk with him he refuse to talk to me. our kids tried to get us together he agreed . we met with the kids and right in front of them he agreed to work it out. only later (next day) decline refusing to stop the divorce he put in. we have 26yrs in marriage we renewaled our vows just last years. he woke up one morning and decided for both of us he didn't want to be married. and filed. I just recently started noting that he had changed his bank account and ins. and all other important matters we had established together. he changed it all over to himself. I came to the realization that her does not want me. and mentally I was trying to adjust. the kids and my sibling try one more time to get us together to talk I decline. He got real upset because I didn't want to meet with him. I told him why I know he doesn't love me. He says it wasn't like that. I agreed to meet with him in hope that we would get back together. we met he told me that he was going to stop the divorce he was schedule to see the attorney. I felt very good thinking that this was the beginning of happiness for us. The talk with him the next day he told me nothing. the following day he called me and said he needed to talk. He begin to tell me that he had read my response to the divorce and decided that he was going ahead with the divorce. I broke down and cry he set me up one more time to be hurt. He replied Sorry. call ended. He saids he does want this life again with me. The kids are at home and he just don't want this any more. (the kids are all his). I have not stop crying feeling like a fool. If he is going through crisis Why am I being the one hurt.

5heartbeats

Asked by 5heartbeats at 4:15 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Unfortunately it's true that sometimes love dies. I am so sorry you are going through this, especially with children. It doesn't sound like he is being very mature about the situation.
    BraydonsMama262

Answer by BraydonsMama262 at 4:18 PM on May. 27, 2011

• It's never a quick and easy fix to get passed something like this. Just take it one day at a time. Remind him that half of everything he took belongs to you. File for alimony and half his pension & if any kids are young enough to get child support file for that as well. I'd make sure he covers the medical bills too. You should be talking to someone about your feelings and preferably an expensive therapist with him flipping the bill. I'd check his emails if you can to make sure he wasn't cheating. Some states take that into consideration. Get the house (with him paying for it) and a car. Let the man go if he wants but make sure your life (otherwise) isn't reduced in standard of living.
    Anonymous

• I would find my own attorney so you don't get screwed in the divorce. He is enjoying the tormenting of your emotions. It sounds like he is an asshole.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:39 PM on May. 27, 2011