Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I been wanting to know, when your pregnant with twins when will you find out if they are identical,fraternal?

Jus so curious!!!!!

Answer Question
 
CamChloeMommy

Asked by CamChloeMommy at 4:21 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

Level 4 (30 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I don't know...my twins are 5 and I still don't know! lol. When I was pregnant with them, they told me there was a 90% chance they were frat. because they were in separate sacs and there were two placentas. But if the egg split really early on after conception, then there was still that 10% chance they were identical. They said they would test the placentas after they were born, but if they did, no one told me the results, and at the time, it didn't matter to me, all that mattered was that they were okay (born 2 months premature). Once they were 2, the doctor told me there was no way they could be frat. because there were too many things that were a like. I don't know though, to me they don't look a like at all, but no one else can tell them apart! lol.
    fallnangel93

    Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:33 PM on May. 27, 2011

  • @fallnangel93 Yeah my mom say dont really worry bout it their health is more important! An when i asked my doctors they were like its a 50/50 chance so i guess i will probably wait til they are born lol and thanks so much!
    CamChloeMommy

    Comment by CamChloeMommy (original poster) at 4:38 PM on May. 27, 2011

  • If they're different genders, you'll know they aren't identical. If twins run in your family, that would most likely be identical, whereas fraternal twins are not genetic. Good luck!
    Adelicious

    Answer by Adelicious at 6:40 PM on May. 27, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN