Are there any herbs you can take BEFORE becoming pregnant to promote milk production?

I have insufficient glandular tissue, or so they tell me... so I wasn't able to exclusively breastfeed either of my younger kids. I've read that there are things you can take during the beginning of pregnancy to promote glandular growth...so I was wondering if there was anything I could take before that to I dunno...get my body ready? Balance hormones? Something? I want to start trying for baby number three toward the end of this year (hopefully) and the time between now and then is for getting healthier and fit and moving and some other things...so I'm hoping I can make this next go around as easy as possible. If there is anything I could do sooner to promote nursing success, I'd be grateful to hear about it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I know fenugreek helps increase milk supply. it's in the garlic family so it should be safe to take for really long periods of time.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 4:32 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I know Alfalfa works too I think... so maybe I will start taking both of those... Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:45 PM on May. 27, 2011