How would you feel if someone told you they had feelings for you and you were married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Depends on who it was and how I felt in return.... I would not give up my marriage. It's not perfect but 7 years is a lot to walk away from.
    Anonymous

• I would wonder what they thought they were going to accomplish in telling me that...definatly wonder at that person's motives...if they know I'm married then what was the point in telling me that? It would make me very suspicious (although I tend to have a suspicious nature) and I probably would back off of whatever contact I had with that person
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:28 PM on May. 27, 2011

• They weren't asking you to give up your marriage, they just wanted you to know how they felt. And if they were an old friend, co-worker or someone you've known for a while but had no clue they had feelings for you, then how would you feel?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:29 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I would feel like that person had no respect for my morals or my marriage and cut ties with them. Then I'd probably feel sorry for them cause I know DH would beat the crap out of them.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:30 PM on May. 27, 2011

• RUN honey RUN.. ive had it happen and made a horrible mistake.. i cheated on my kids father i didnt want to be with him but it didnt give me the right to cheat on him.. The guy was married too. 2 months later i got pregnant and found out i had an STD it was from the married man.. needless to say im not with my kids father and he is no longer with his wife... all it does is lead to problems.. first it starts with just wanting to know how they feel but then it gets worse and worse and eventually u might give in..
    Anonymous

• I'd definitely be curious as to WHY this person told me this. If I'm married, then what would this person hope to accomplish by admitting his feelings for me? I'd probably also be angry because then I'd be put in an awkward situation to where I wouldn't really be able to be myself around this person anymore.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 4:35 PM on May. 27, 2011