Anyone else's older child just a little too helpful?

So my 3 y/o decided to help me today. When I went to put a load of clothes in the washer, she took her 11 mo old twin brothers into the bathroom to give them a bath.......with toilet water! OMG, I thought I was going to have a heart-attack when I saw her standing there happily pouring cups of toilet water over her brothers' heads. Any body else have a "helpful" child today?

Kimedbs

Asked by Kimedbs at 4:27 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No mama, but I had to laugh. Oh goodness, that is priceless. I have a pair of twin boys and an older daughter and I can feel your pain. It sounds like you are in tune with her intentions, though, describing her as "a little too helpful" and "happily" pouring the water. That is some connected parenting, there, even under stress! This perspective in the moment will stand you in good stead for all the twin-toddler stuff that lies ahead of you! (I find it is extremely helpful not to be limited to reactions & viewing one twin as the "aggressor" and one as the "victim," so being able to see even problematic behaviors from their point of view is really important in order to be ABLE to connect in more challenging moments.)
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 12:16 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Yes. My DD picks my other DD up and puts her on the couch. It bothers me cause sometimes I'm not there and she rolls off.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:28 PM on May. 27, 2011

• my daughter trys to help with EVERYTHING when i tell her no go play she crys and tells me shes not a baby shes a big kid now. shes going to go to school lol... shes 3 going on 15 shes too smart for her own age
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 4:30 PM on May. 27, 2011