Does your pediatrician speak to you like you're an idiot?

I took my DD to her 9 month appointment today. Everything was going well, but then the doctor started giving us tips and advice about our second child that we already knew to do. Like if one of us smoked we shouldn't smoke around the baby, and not to give her nuts and such so she doesn't choke. I mean...I realize she was just doing her job, but after 9 months of raising our second child, I think we got the hang of what to do for our baby. Ya know!

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 4:34 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Yeah, that's why my kids haven't been to them in 3 years!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:36 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Not at all. She is always helpful and informative and patient; never respectful or hurried or condescending. We all like her.  Sorry to read yours does, maybe she was just in a rut that day saying the same things to every patient she saw.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:37 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Nope. I like my sons doctor. Though she has an acccent and is hard to undertand sometimes.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 4:40 PM on May. 27, 2011

• nope
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 4:46 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Nope! I love my kids doctor, he is friendly, he really listens to me/us and he answers all of our questions, he is very informative, he knows my kids and talks to them, and explains things to them. He is very good with kids and is a parent himself (so he has 'been there done that') which is nice.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:59 PM on May. 27, 2011

• No but she never lets me talk i guess she thinks she knows everything she knows more than me on some things but i'm with my child evryday i should be able to tell her my thoughts and opinions but unfortunately never goes that way and in a week im back with the same problem/problems....thinking about switching to another doctor.....
    hotcherry21

Answer by hotcherry21 at 5:10 PM on May. 27, 2011

• No, not at all. That's exactly why I chose her, she treats every question or concern with dignity and understanding. I feel like an equal in her presence.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 5:11 PM on May. 27, 2011

• well u already know how u feel about the situation. I would just ignore it the next time cause as busy as Dr's are even if u call them on somethings ur feeling, they wont' remember it or just look at u like your the crazy one. Most of them all are about the money honey
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 5:21 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Yeah I looked at him and I said to her do you talk to ever parent like that well I am not every parent stop it I am an adult she laughed and I said is something funny she started to laugh again I said again is something funny we can find another doctor who respects us. She apologized and I said no thank you kaiser did not think it was funny either she is gone now.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:28 PM on May. 27, 2011

• No & if he did, I'd find another pediatrician.

sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:07 PM on May. 27, 2011