A smoking bar

How would you feel if someone openned up a bar designated for smokers ONLY? Smokers would have a place to smoke, they wouldn't put anyone else's health at risk and they wouldn't be a nuessance to anyone else. Would this still bother you? Even though you have the choice not to go to this bar?

I mean don't you think the no smoking policy should be up to the business owners and not the government?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 4:36 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I do think it should be up the the business owners, especially of bars. You have the right to take your business anywhere you choose and if you choose not to patronize a certain establishment for whatever reason, that is your choice. If there has to be non-smoking place, there should be smoking places. After all, that's equality and doesn't promote discrimination against smokers.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 4:38 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't care at all, in fact I would be glad that they had a place to go and I didn't have to smell it. I wish the casinos would go to nonsmoking, I woudl love to go watch the live bands, but I can't breath in those places. )c: Because they are Indian owned, state rules don't apply.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:38 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Casinos do too non-smoking. Atleast the one I've been to does. THere's a non-smoking section and a smoking section.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 4:39 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I think a business owner should be able to run his/her business the way they see fit. Without all the interference from the government. If someone wants to allow smoking in their establishment and you don't like it, find another bar.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:42 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Business owners should have the right to deem their business smoking or non. But we all know the far reaching arms of government.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:44 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes, I agree. Businesses should get to choose. Can't smoke ANYWHERE in Florida. Not even outside At a lot a places. Out of hand!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:45 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I think a business owner should be the one to decide!

Our county recently went non-smoking and the bowling alley wanted to put in a smoking shelter. They said if the 2 neighboring counties didn't pass theirs, our county wouldn't vote on it. Yeah, they lied. We now go to one of the neighboring counties where some of the restaurants still have a smoking section, or eat at the ones in our county that have outdoor seating.

The manager was told that of the 4 sides of the shelter 3 sides had to be completely open and only 1 side could have a wall and it had to be a 1/2 wall. Not much shelter there, but if any more than that and the "smoking shelter" would have to be designated as "non-smoking". Ridiculous!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 4:47 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I think a business owner should have the choice to offer smoking or not period. The Govt should never have gotten involved.

Answer by gemgem at 4:50 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Let's face it, the government is just trying to get people to quit smoking. Why? Because they're fucking a-holes and are not human. I don't smoke myself, but I don't sit there and lecture people who do unless they are pregnant.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 4:52 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Even if they are pregnant I don't lecture them cause it really is none of my business. I do get mad though.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 4:53 PM on May. 27, 2011