If black people are offended by the use of the 'n' word by a white person, are you offended by the use of the "b" word or the "c" word when used by a man but not by another woman?

Just curious. I understand the reason why black people get offended by white people using the n-word, even though they use it on eachother. But that made me wonder if women are more offended by the use of the b-word and the c-word when used by a man more than they are if it's used by another woman.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 4:42 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Actually, I do find those words slightly more offensive when coming from a man. Probably because I think men who use those words toward women don't like women very much and that usually sends my instinctual white tail up (meaning like a deer that senses danger, makes me run in the other direction). I guess I also think men who use those words could potentially be violent.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:49 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I find those words offensive no matter who speaks them. I think saying one race can use a word while another one can't is just another form of racism.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:44 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Laughing, because there's a not very sweet woman here who has pm'd me both of those words in the past. I don't find it any more offensive by a man or woman. I find it equally a sign of ignorance - they are incapable of making their point, so they feel the need to go for shock value, and hope their audacity throws you off balance enough that you won't notice exactly how full of shit they are.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:48 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Honestly, it doesn't bother me more for a man to use them, I find it equally offensive coming from men or women.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:47 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm black and I'm offended when ANYONE uses the "N" word...white, black or purple...it doesnt matter, I don't want to hear it come out of anyones mouth...and yeah I'm just as offended when ANYONE uses the "C" word...not just men...I think it's an ugly and unnecessary word
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:00 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm not offended by the "B Word" at all. I am extremely offended by the "C Word" and by the "N Word" (I'm white)...I don't care if you are man, woman, purple, or green...don't like those words at all.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 4:46 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm offended equally by whoever uses them.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:47 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Anon- it's the 4 letter word for female genitalia. It's only a truly "bad" word here in North America. In Europe it's more along the lines of "ass".
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:49 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I think I'm more offended by a woman saying those words than by a man saying it. What happened to female solidarity?
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 4:53 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Okay I may be stupid her but what is the C word??
    Anonymous