Sarcasm. It's what's for dinner.

Someone once told me my sarcasm is a result of extreme insecurity.
I'm human, and a woman, so yeah, i have insecurites but my sarcasm is not presented to make me feel better about myself. I love to laugh. I think laughing is the best medicine. I'm also not a very conservative person (i'm not talking politics, so don't even go there), so I admit, sometimes I tend to go against the norm in hope that people will see that everything shouldn't be taken SO seriously all the time. Life is just way too short.

What do you think? Do you think sarcasm is for the weak and powerless or to remind the uptight ones to loosen up? I'm going with the latter...

DJsMommy610

Asked by DJsMommy610 at 4:56 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• blowing kissesYes. You are weak. You have no right as a mother to have insecruities or sarcarsm -

maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:01 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm a very sarcastic person, to some I guess I'm considered a smart a$$. I think of it as a sense of humor. I love to laugh, joke, I can find humor in almost anything. I definitely think it's to remind the uptight ones to open up and not be so serious. I've never thought of it as insecurity, at least on my point. I do have some insecurity, but it has nothing to do with my being sarcastic.
    ELANTZ

Answer by ELANTZ at 5:03 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I have always thought being sarcastic was a sign of intelligence Least ways thats what my college professor told me. She said when a person was using scarcasm, deeper areas of the brain is accessed and the area where u have the thoughts and emotions are controlled is in on this also. So I say screw them, those people are weak and the up tight ones need to get a life and possiably need to get laid while they are at it! :)
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 5:05 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Sarcasm is like the only language I speak, and im not insecure really at all.
    Rosesandlilys

Answer by Rosesandlilys at 5:09 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I would think your MORE secure.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 5:09 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Context matters. Sarcasm in a meeting with your boss is not the same as sarcasm in response to a sibling or friend. But in general, not a sign of insecurity.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:10 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Sarcasm
    i am not that!
    i am way to secure in myself to ever laugh at myself
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:13 PM on May. 27, 2011

• It's just a part of my personality or sense of humor. And I know I'm not insecure! I like what Michigan-Mom 74 said- she had a wise professor! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:14 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I love sarcasm. It's a way of life in my family. Gosh, SO and I would never talk if we were not sarcastic to one another. It's our verbal foreplay!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:14 PM on May. 27, 2011

• There are two types of sarcasm. The one, which I tend to use, is light-hearted and meant to be funny. The other type is what people who are acting bitchy whine about when they're called on their catty remarks. It's not sarcasm if you're using it to mask a poor attitude. In general though I think most people who enjoy sarcasm are light-hearted and just trying to make a joke. If anything I see that as a sign of being more secure in themselves. The second type would be what I would consider insecure.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:32 PM on May. 27, 2011