I dont want to send my kids to their grandparents!!

i was going to have my dad pick them up on his way home. well its POURING rain and i dont see the point in him getting them any more.. i rather my kids stay here bc their power goes out every storm and they live in the woods where there are BIG trees. My dad called me and i told him not to worry about it but he just called me back saying he wants the kids for the weekend... should i let them go or should i just tell him next weekend???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on May. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Are your parents incapable of taking care of them in some way? If not, I would let them go since they want to go & your parents want them there.

I am super neurotic, so believe me, I get what you're saying, but if you're the only one not for this, I think you have to go with the majority - your kids and your parents.

sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:04 PM on May. 27, 2011

• You can't live your life in fear of everything. We live way out too. When the power goes out, we learn to deal with it. Your children will learn that you don't need TV or internet to keep their lives going, maybe grandma or grandpa will read them a story by candlelight or flashlight. What happens when they are older and the power goes out? And it happens everywhere, not just to us hicks. You are pushing your fears off on them. I understand the big tree thing, but if all the trees fell on all the houses everytime it was storming, there would be no trees and no homes in the forest.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 5:27 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Let them go! I am sure your parents will take control of any problem that comes up.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 5:30 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I agree with attap5 we live where the power goes out all the time and we just "camp" out in the living room and read stories and such
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:32 PM on May. 27, 2011

• oh they have been down there with the power out.. but my parents want them for days and bc they live down in the woods they are the last to get theirs back on. with out power theres no water;... my moms very good at feeding them without cooking, the kids love to read all that stuff im just worried if something goes wrong i cant call them!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:32 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm sure they will find a way to get a hold of you in an emergency they have a car don't they?
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:33 PM on May. 27, 2011

• yes they do have a car.. lol..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:34 PM on May. 27, 2011

• maybe it is just me.. I have a fear of losing one of my kids... i use to have dreams about them getting kid napped or me leaving them somewhere and something happening.. their all i have and i want to keep them!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:35 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Either let them go, or ask him to get them in the morning.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 5:36 PM on May. 27, 2011

• If you really don't want them to go then don't let them go. Simple as that.
    bouncingsoul

Answer by bouncingsoul at 5:37 PM on May. 27, 2011