How long should one wait before conceiving after giving birth????

kristianmommy

Asked by kristianmommy at 5:40 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• The general guideline is at least a year. It takes your body that long to get back to normal with the hormones and everything else.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:12 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i got pregnant with my second child 6 weeks after having my first, theres only 10 and a half months between them :)
    proud-mummy

Answer by proud-mummy at 6:19 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Until your body is healed, however long that may be. I say if you're enjoying sex, then it's time to start trying/practicing for hte next
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 6:52 PM on May. 27, 2011

• everyone is different, so id check withy our doctor to make sure your uterus is ready to carry another child. my first three are three years apart. however my fourth i conceived when my 3rd was 6 months old. my uterus still had alot of healing left to do and there was enough scarring that was still healing that the placenta attached too low in my uterus. placenta previa its called, the placenta slid down to cover my cervix. he would have been c section, even without my other complications. there are alot of women tho that can have them back to back without much problem at all. to b safe, go get checked and see what doc says
    hnaused2010

Answer by hnaused2010 at 8:06 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I would check with your doctor, everyone is different.
    mconnoll

Answer by mconnoll at 11:28 AM on May. 28, 2011