I am really getting concerned...

About a month ago I had an episode where I almost passed out (I am pregnant) it turned out to be low blood sugar. Today I wasn't feeling all to well. Stomach hurt and lots of pressure. I was making my girls lunch and of all a sudden that feeling came back again. I quickly reacted drank some juice and ate some cheese. I then ate lunch with my girls and pulled myself quickly out of it before passing out. I don't understand why I am doing this. I layed my girls down and was suddenly tired so I layed down with them and slept for 3 hours! Woke up felt a little better. I don't go into the lab for my glucose test until mid june, but if I had gestational diabetes wouldn't my blood sugar be high and not low? I am eating very healthy and drinking tons of water. Anyone else go through this?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 5:44 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Health

• Have you been tested for anemia yet? It could be that you are not getting enough iron. I know that some women, during some pregnancys experience alot of dizziness and light-headedness... so it could be completely normal. Take some deep breaths, make sure you are drinking LOTS of water and getting a decent amount of sleep. Put in a call to your doctor or on call nurse and see what they suggest. Im sorry! And I hope you start feeling better!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 5:49 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I take an iron supplement due to my prenatals having no iron in them. I will mention it to me doc. When this happens my head begins to feel really funny, I get super naseous, my ears begin to ring, and I begin to see tunnel vision. It is super scary to me.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 5:52 PM on May. 27, 2011

• It's worth calling your doctor's office and sharing your concerns.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:53 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Me- my*
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Ooh, anemia is a possibility..definitely bring it up to the doctor and make sure you're getting plenty of fluids, too - dehydration is easier when pregnant (as I'm sure you know).
    .MommieAJ.

Answer by .MommieAJ. at 6:16 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My grandfather was diabetic and I don't know how many time we'd find him wandering a parking lot in a diabetic sugar low. Not to mention the times the paramedics were called, or the times he straight passed out at the table. I was under 10 while watching all this.

It is VERY common to go into a sugar low, where there is not enough sugars in your blood. On the opposite end it's VERY hardto hit a diabetic high where there is too much sugar present.

Talk with your doc about it, and also consider eating something small every few hours, even if it's a plate of fruit/veggies.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:19 PM on May. 27, 2011