My daughter's hair color is changing... is that possible?

My daughter is 17 months old... She was born with basically no hair, but it start growning as a light brown and now I am starting to see some blonde. She is half latina and half white. She does take more after her father who is the blonde one between us. My daughter already doesn't look nothing like me, so my question is... is it possible she could be a blonde or will it change back after time to a darker shade? I would like her to have some features from me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh sure
    My niece started out with brown hair and went blond at 2

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:46 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My DS was born with practically black hair and by 4 months it was red. DD was born bald and it started coming in VERY blond and at almost 3 it it growing more dirty blond/almost light brown. She looks like she has roots! lol. Anything is possible.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:47 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Absolutely ...my son was brown-haired when he was born, lightened up quite a bit through his toddler years (more of a dirty blonde), and is now almost jet black!
    Anonymous

• My daughter's hair still seems to be changing color and she's 6.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 5:49 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Hair color often changes color as children grow up.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:51 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Usually the color of the eyebrows will be the hair color as well. Yes, it is common for color to change when they are very young.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 5:52 PM on May. 27, 2011

• It may change again. My DD was born with almost black hair (I'm dirty blond and Daddy is red). Give it some time and just be proud that you have a beautiful little girl that you love.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:55 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My son's hair was nearly black at birth (and he had a lot of it!). It lightnened up to dirty blonde by the time he was 6 months or so, and now it is a little darker at 3. Their hair and eye color can change a lot from the time they're babies to the time they get their final adult hair color.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 5:57 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Very possible it's changing. My son was born a towhead blonde. Now, at 7.5 he's a mid blonde. My daughter was born with jet black hair and it's now a mid brown. Shoot, even MY hair has changed. I used to be a light blonde, now I'm a mid brown just like my daughter.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:21 PM on May. 27, 2011