• In the Spotlight:

Can lying down too much cause really low blood pressure?

I've been getting low blood pressure for the past 6 months, and it is really affecting me mentally. I forget things, sometimes see flashes in my vison of things, and I am also seeing alot dimmer then normal when its too low...

Anyways can lying down too much cause problems? I have been running low grade fevers as well, and felt run down so I've been lying down a lot more, I also notice that my bp is much worse lying down i've seen it 49/30 already. that was the lowest, it usually runs 80/40. I;ve been to my family doctor and they cannot figure out the cause of it. Please help

yes ive had blood work done,

and the only thing I saw that came back low was a mpv,

and also in dec I had a ferritin level of 7.

i never took anything for it though because I wasnt anemic, I just started eating more things with iron

I wasnt sure if a low ferritin level could cause low bp

i am going to get it tested again, and if it comes back low take an iron pill

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Health

• I never heard of lying down causing low blood pressure, but the combo of low blood pressure and fever sounds to me like dehydration. I would go to another doctor, because it sounds to me like there's something definitely going on (assuming you're drinking enough water--at least 2 quarts a day).
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:33 PM on May. 27, 2011

• How much fluid do you drink during the day? Have you had blood work? You should have your blood checked ASAP. You may even have internal bleeding somewhere. The blood work will tell a lot. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:59 PM on May. 27, 2011