Do you think she is in for a world of trouble? Chatting online to strange men!

My friend claims she is lonely even though she is married. I went over to her place and she was chatting with some guy online and he asked her for her real name so he could look up her Facebook account. She wanted to! I told her no. She has no clue who he might be! I took the computer and wrote "Oh I'm sorry but that's personal and my profile picture is of my son and the account is set to private, so there is nothing to see." His response was " You're afraid I'll tell your husband aren't you?" I wrote "No I don't need a stalker." She got mad and took the computer back and he kept writing about how he would not tell her husband they had been talking and wouldn't start any trouble for her. He kept stressing the fact that he would not try to cause trouble so that made me believe that it was his ONLY mission. She thinks it's fun and harmless. F-ing stupid! I had a real stalker once and couldn't believe all the info he got about me when I didn't even know he was asking people! I was scared to death! I told her not to willingly give out personal information! HELLO Yellow Pages online! He can find out where she lives and all of that!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Talking to guys online isn't the source of her troubles. The fact she's married and still feels the need to talk to other men is the issue. She should have enough common sense to not hand out her name to someone she knows online. First name, sure, but there's no reason why he would need to see her Facebook account. The world of hurt is going to come when her husband finds out. Stuff like this can only be a secret for so long. Having an emotional affair is still cheating.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:43 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I met my SO online I agree with Ginger0104 the real trouble is she is married and still feels the need to talk to other men.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 6:56 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Hopefully your friend is listening to your great advice.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:40 PM on May. 27, 2011

• why do you think I don't offer any info on here or really anywhere else?

I"m with you, her safety is a serious issue.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:57 PM on May. 27, 2011

• You never know who is behind that computer. It could even be her husband trying to trick her. I know, I've done it to my husband because he is addicted to women online.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:01 PM on May. 27, 2011