Anybody else without insurance?

I had medicaid with my 2nd baby nearly 5yrs ago. After delivery I found out I had cancer. So 6weeks postpartum lost the medicaid and couldn't get insurance because of the cancer. Now I am still not working because of the cancer and still no insurance. You almost feel like people would rather you died because you don't have insurance. So frustrating!

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 6:39 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Health

• We may be soon because there is going to be a layoff at my job and I carry insurance for the family. I hope something comes along for you soon.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:42 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I too am without insurance, you are not alone.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 6:50 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Apply for Medicaid again. You have kids and unless you have a spouse that makes a lot of money, you will get it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:15 PM on May. 27, 2011

• We too are without insurance, but unlike most, we choose not to buy it. We do everything holistically and insurance does not cover it so it is a major waste of money for us. Keep looking around, there are places you can buy it with a pre-existing condition. You might also want to contact the cancer society and see if they have any information they can pass along about insurance to cover you.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 7:58 PM on May. 27, 2011