Not often But sometimes my husband will put me down in front of my child

we BOTH are going to counseling at the church right now. and we have told the pastor abt how we both put one another down. our goal for the month of june is respect respect respect. and walk away if angry.. but I think since my son is 4 he has already been affected by daddy calling mommy worthless and a loser. I love my husband he loves me . IT Was his idea for counseling. How do I forgive when he does call me names. sometimes its just habit. kwim??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• my ex for almost 10 yrs did that to me and i still can not for give him, we did everything and nothing helped. tell the pastor everything, so maybe he can help both of you better..and its only gonna teach the child that its ok to call people mean and nasty names.
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 6:47 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I know it is hard to forgive and sadly I agree I too believe your son is already affected. Work hard at respect and walking away when angry. To forgive him pray really hard about it.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 6:48 PM on May. 27, 2011

• if you foind out how to change this....PLEASE let me know!!! I am ready to WALK!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:52 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i don't think that should happen at all... children should never see you fight or belittle eachother.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 7:08 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Well if the names are hurtful then you both need to change.....and I must say if you have issues with your husband try to solve it yourself. The Minister is just a man, he can tell you what he thinks but have you stopped to think,,,,,hey what if he is going thru something like this himself how can he give advice, you will never know his problems. Pray for guideance ang GOD will lead the way, never rely on Man to fix your life he is as inperfect as you are. I would never go to talk to someone about my personal life. I pray and try to work it out ourselves. Me and my Husband kid around with each other but never say hurtful things when playing or when we are really mad, it's hard to forget....so be strong, pray and work on your selves...Good Luck
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:09 PM on May. 27, 2011

• It should NOT happen at all. Your son will think it is ok to do this to others, especially women. You and your husband are sending your child the wrong message. TELL your husband that if he feels the need to put you down, to walk away instead. Or to write it down and throw out the paper. You DESERVE respect from your husband and he isn't giving it to you. Ask your husband if this is how he wants his son to act.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:11 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I know exactly how you feel my husband does the same thing and everyone is so quick to say file for a divorce and all that but sometimes that isn't the answer either
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:59 PM on May. 29, 2011