Days like this I just want to run off to live in a small country town!

I've got PTSD and DH is on my case to get out more, and for the most part he's right. I am working on it, but most of the time it's no where as easy as he thinks.
I live in a big city and for the most part like it that way.
There's public transportation available for just about anywhere I want to go every day and in some cases all night long.
I can get the best chinese Food from about a block away, I've got wonderful choices when it comes to stores, all kinds of wonderful options. Good options from things like Health fairs, things like that.

Then there's today.
My bus is about to turn the corner and just as I'm wondering if the cop car will pull out of the way so we can get through, I see that it's 3 police cars, and a bunch of the cops have their guns pointed at the car they have pulled over.
A girl at the back of the bus starts yelling that her little brother is in the car!

The bus takes a detour to get us to where we need to go, I get on my bike to take of towards the fabric store to get the stuff I need to work on and then realize that the fuzzy glove I see on the sidewalk is actually a dead rat!

and this was all before 1 in the after noon................

People wonder why I don't get out more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• WOW!! Scary!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 7:12 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm sorry, your post actually made me laugh. Only because I have so many days like that myself. Trust me though, at least living in the city, you can write it on a post for people who don't know you to see and feel better about it. I live in a small town, when I have a day like that, they whole town knows and will keep reminding me. LOL
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 7:37 PM on May. 27, 2011

• That stinks. I have PTSD as well and live in a small town. I love it.

Answer by gemgem at 8:17 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Hey, hon. I know some of how you feel- I have a severe anxiety disorder, and some days it's hard to even go out to get the mail! Feels like the whole neighborhood is watching me. It will get better, you just have to keep a positive attitude! HTH!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:21 PM on May. 27, 2011

• it was meant to be kind of funny so it's OK to laugh :)
    I was telling DH about my day, and I joke that every time I've gone out for the main purpose of having a 'therapy day' - going out to face my fear, and do something to show me that the world isn't so scary something like this happens!
    The first time I was hit on the head with roof ice and ended up in the ER, another time my handicap bus was hit by a truck, (no one was hurt though) and last time I was having a attack when some a-hole guys pulled up in a car, made a motion at me like they had a gun, screamed at me and sped off.
    then there was today.

Go figure.

BTW- this post is 100% real, unfortunately not made up AT ALL! :P

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:43 PM on May. 27, 2011