Stroller dilema...

I have a 1 1/2 year old little guy and im due anyday now for our new little guy. we havnt gotten a stroller yet since we seem to be stuck.. should we get a double stroller or get a single stroller? our oldest little guy is walking already but he does still like to be carried. i obviously cant carry a car seat by itself everywhere we go..

my hubby is in the navy so itll be mostly me by myself an i dont plan on getting into extremely far tiring places but im stuck!

what did you do in this situation if you had 2 kids pretty close in age? any advice would be helpful.

akalei

Asked by akalei at 7:22 PM on May. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• My younger kids were that far apart in age. I bought a ring sling and put the baby in that and the toddler in the stroller. Then I bought a double jogging stroller when they were 1 and 3 and LOVED that thing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:24 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Double definitely comes in handy, if your older one gets tired of walking, you'll be glad you have a double stroller
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 7:24 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I had that thought about that to! thank you :) how do you like the ring sling? ive never used it but im really wanting to.
    akalei

Comment by akalei (original poster) at 7:25 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I would get a double stroller. It's safer to have both children in the stroller when you go out to the mall or for walks so you don't have to run around after the 1 1/2 year old if he tries to make a get away. I would not even think twice about getting a double stroller. Even if you go to the zoo or park, if they both are tired, they can sleep while you stroll.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:26 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Double, mine are 19 months apart if your son is not in the stroller, you'll have a diaper bag or soemthing else to carry. I had one the baby could lay down in the back seat & the front seat was like a regular stroller.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:28 PM on May. 27, 2011

• oh boy you guys bring up such great points!! How do you guys like the double stroller? which is easier the side by side ones or the one in front of the other?
    akalei

Comment by akalei (original poster) at 7:28 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I would go with the baby trend sit and stand deluxe, the one with the optional back seat. I really liked it. Then he had a few options. It could be a regular seat. It could be a platform for the little one to sit on or they can stand. Worked great for my family. I like to wear my little ones but I like the option of being able to put them down. Especially for bathroom trips and things like that.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:29 PM on May. 27, 2011

• one in front of the other, easier to get by in isles or on paths.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 7:30 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Get the tandem double stroller
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 7:36 PM on May. 27, 2011

• The only side by side I would get is for jogging, otherwise it is a pain to get into bathrooms, doors, and aisles.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:37 PM on May. 27, 2011