Husband cut son's hair without my knowledge!

So I'm folding laundry and I hear the vacuum running. Turns out, Hubby was cutting our son's hair - with an effing Flowbee. He now looks like a homeless person. I *just* paid a professional to cut it two weeks ago. It did NOT need to be cut. Hubby thinks it's hilarious and that I'm overreacting. I'm pissed that he thinks he can make ALL the decisions around here. What would you do? Would you be mad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would be mad but i would get over it. its gonna grow back and they make toddler hats for a reason haha
    hismommy6509

Answer by hismommy6509 at 10:38 AM on May. 29, 2011

• No hair grows so fast. That is not something that would bother me. If it was not his first hair cut then I don't see that it is a big deal.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:34 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Time to get rid of the Flowbee.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 7:48 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Out of curiosity, do you consult him before making all the decisions?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:36 PM on May. 27, 2011

• NO. I would NOT be mad. It s no big deal. I used to cut my son's hair all the time ---"professional" hair cuts are a waste of money for a kid. Unless he is in the movies. LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:46 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I would tell hubby next time he want to breaks in the flobee to use his own hair.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:49 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I wasn't trying to be bitchy by asking. I was just asking a question. I think sometimes we make decisions not thinking it is a big deal and don't realize how the other person takes it. I was wondering if maybe this was why he felt it was ok to do what he did. In all honesty, he may have thought that a small hair cut was not a major decision and didn't realize you felt it would be. It's not like he took him to get his ear pierced or enrolled him in a prestigous preschool without consulting you. To some people hair is just hair.

I think it would be better to tell him you didn't approve and not get all pissy at him over something like this. I find getting pissy rarely works but a good, calm talk works a lot better.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:16 PM on May. 27, 2011

• It's hair. It'll grow back. I wouldn't be upset. It's not like it's a major thing.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:29 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Buzz it if it looks too awful. If not, do a father son photo and save for blackmail later!LOL!
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 8:45 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i wouldn't be mad it's just hair and it grows back and can always be fixed... and i cut my son's hair myself all the time.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 8:56 PM on May. 27, 2011