Since when was saying you care for someones kids a bad thing?

My BF just recently broke up with me. we had a serious relationship. i have 2 kids he has 3. i treated his kids like mine. i bought them things when i bought my kids things. i just told him how much i love him and how much in love with him . then i said how much i care for his kids and treated them like my own. he got mad and told me not to even talk about his kids... I SAID I CARE FOR THEM wtf am i wrong for caring? just bc he dumped me doesnt make me not care. i wish i could just stop caring it would be so much easier but i cant.. what do i do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• he sounds pretty bitter and trying to say and do anything to hurt you
    not much you can do, he is legal parent
    you could ask the mother, if you have a relationship with her

but if not, he is in control, and sounds like he will use that control to hurt you, even if he hurts his kids also

if you two just broke up, maybe he will calm with time, but perpare yourself that he will not

sorry-hugs
    i have been in a boat like this, kids get the shaft
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:50 PM on May. 27, 2011

• IF you were with him for a significant amount of time, I would contact their mother, explain what happened and ask if you could visit them once and a while. They have already suffered from their parents mistakes and now he has another failed relationship. He isnt a very good role model for them but perhaps you can show them some love and prove that not every relationship in life is temporary.
    Anonymous

• I am sorry. It does sound like he's bitter and trying to hurt you...move on. grieve those kids of his and stay away. The kids will hurt too. : (
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:54 PM on May. 27, 2011

• what kind of father isnt proud of the fact that his kids are loveable?? as a parent, a mom nehow, im very proud when people say how much they love my kids and how they wanna "kidnap" them... means i was doing a good job raising them to be nice kids and not temper tantrums waiting to happen. he cant be a very good father in the first place if he cant understand how people can love his children, and to hurt his childrens feelings just to be spiteful.....id be glad he was gone! he coulda left the kids with u tho!
    hnaused2010

Answer by hnaused2010 at 7:57 PM on May. 27, 2011

• A very good male friend of mine was in a long relationship with a woman and got pretty clsoe with her 2 kids. He loved those kids like they were his own. She turned out to be a psycho stalker and started planning to kill the female friends he had (told you- psycho stalker) and they broke up. 2 years later, he sees the kids a couple times a month when they are with their dad.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 7:48 PM on May. 27, 2011

• The break up is recent. It takes time allow yourself the time; it will get easier.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:48 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I agree with meooma.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 7:56 PM on May. 27, 2011

• he is an ass forget him
    jfrancis91680

Answer by jfrancis91680 at 9:05 PM on May. 27, 2011

• its easier then said.. im in love with him
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:11 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I think it's great that you have a big heart but if he does'nt accept it then just stay out of his life .
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 3:27 AM on May. 28, 2011