First GYN visit!

What should I expect?? My doc is sending me to a gyncologist, because we are trying to figure out why i dont ovulate.
What kind of options do they give?? I am just curious....
Its coming up in a couple of days! Kinda anxious about it, my hubby and i really want to have children, so hoping for some answers!

BeccaBol

Asked by BeccaBol at 7:40 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Don't stress too much. My husband and I had tried for 2 years with no luck. I spent so many nights just crying in his arms because I didn't know what was wrong with me. I am a Christian woman and finally gave all the problems over to God. I stopped stressing and blaming myself and within 2 months, I was pregnant. I'm not sure what tests they will run but I am sure they will first figure out whether you are ovulating or not. I have a friend who was put on Chlomed (not sure how it's spelled) to help her ovulate. Just don't stress about it. Stressing will cause irregular periods and make it even more difficult to get pregnant.
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 7:49 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Medication wise they will probably give clomid to help ovulate, my aunt was trying for 18months they put her on this and three months later she was prego. they may do an ultrasound to make sure everything and functioning
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 7:51 PM on May. 27, 2011

• you have never been to a gyn? how old are you? my first gyn appt, i was 11. as soon as you start getting your period, usually your fmaily doc will have you see one to make sure you understand what is going on with your body and to make sure thay everything is as it should be. for the most part they just ask alot of quesitons. if they need to do an exam,, you lay back on a table and out your fee tin stirrups. its kinda embarassing and you want to close your legs but they are there to help. then come the "duckbill" or speculum. most the time tis cold, unless u have an understanding doc that warms it first, doesnt hurt if theres nothing wrong. they check everything n ur done. pretty much. not every appointment is like this but for most part... its standard
    hnaused2010

Answer by hnaused2010 at 8:03 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I am 24, have'nt been to a gyn before, but have had pap tests and things done at regular doc, to make sure those were alright, so that part i know about. I am hoping for more answers!
    at cmgill I too am a Christian, and every day it is an effort that i make to give it to God, its still hard, but I know he's got a plan.
    BeccaBol

Comment by BeccaBol (original poster) at 12:31 AM on May. 29, 2011

• most likely they will run blood work, and do a pelvic exam and ask you a bunch of questions....i cant believe you have never actually been to an gyno but its really not a big deal. since you have had paps and things with your regular doctor. let us know what happens at the doctor
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 4:31 PM on May. 29, 2011