They could not hear the heart beat?

I am about 13 weeks and went to the doctor today and they could not hear the heart beat. I can not go for a ultra sound until tommorrow. Any advice?

babygirl9669

Asked by babygirl9669 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• your baby might have just been in a bad spot. I was 16 weeks and that happened and they did an ultrasound and they found the heartbeat plus i found out i was having a girl. not this time but my last one. good luck and i hope everything goes ok.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Don't be too stressed. With my last pregnancy they had problems finding the little guy to listen to the heart. I carry my babies kinda in a lot so I don't start showing until like the last couple months. So everytime they went to look for the heart beat it took them a while. Hang in there and I'll say a prayer for you tonight.
    leekim2004

Answer by leekim2004 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I really don't know. I was 10 weeks along. They seen no fetal movement or heartbeat. Rushed me to have a DNC for miscarriage. I'm not trying to scare you but that's what they did with me. In your case they are checking again so I don't know.
    Anonymous

• Would you please report back and let us know how it goes? You are in my prayers.

Answer by Bmat at 10:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• with my last two pregnancies, they couldn't hear the heartbeat until closer to 15-16 weeks with the doppler... i'm a plus-sized mom and my babies like to hide... good luck with your ultrasound...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 11:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Good luck! I hope things turn out well and it was just the baby's position.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2008