After having my baby.. Should i?

I was thinking about after having my baby donating one of my eggs for money. I was wondering what was you guys opinion on that. I would be helping a woman in need and i would be making money to support my baby. I have no job and nether does my boyfriend, So i know things are going to be hard. Should I donate a egg and would you if you were in my position? P.s I can find a job and i don't have much time before my baby is due.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• wow! I never thought about this. I don't mean for myself, but about having an opinion on this. If you're ok with it, then go for it.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 8:23 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I would be a mom for a while before deciding.

I think when I was younger and not a mom I too would have looked at it that way.
    But having been a mom now for close to 2 decades, seeing what I have seen, I dont want my egg (a PART OF ME) out there not knowing who is raising a part of me. At least when you adopt a child out you choose the family.
    Anonymous

• That is a great idea! good way to make money and help someone! i have never thought about that....
    emmiej

Answer by emmiej at 8:28 PM on May. 27, 2011

• If you can look at the whole situation as you are giving a baby to someone else a baby then go for it!!! GOOD LUCK
    mykids060911

Answer by mykids060911 at 8:29 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I could never do it but if you really have thought it through and felt comfortable than go for it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:00 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Its your decision,if you and your so are okay with it than I dont see why not.Make sure its not all about the money tho.
    FitMom9603

Answer by FitMom9603 at 9:24 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I thought about it when I was younger. But then I thought about the pros and cons. Yes, there is someone out there dying for a baby and you can give them that blessing. However, my thoughts anyway, is that those eggs will be fertilized and not all of them will be used. I could not in good conscience allow one or more of my potential children to be flushed away.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:12 PM on May. 27, 2011

• @attap5 I agree but if you don't use your egg by the end of the month, it gets flushed away with your period.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:16 PM on May. 27, 2011