Contractions?

I'v been having contraction all day but not like apart min. My stomach is pressuring me. What does that mean? Baby coming soon or starting contraction in 24 hours?? I'm 37 weeks & 4 days.

Boavang

Asked by Boavang at 8:31 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How many weeks are you? I was feeling the same way. Good thing I had an ob appt that day. She checked my cervix and it was closed, but she could feel my rectum was full of backed up poop. Sorry, TMI
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 8:32 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Drink quite a bit of water, and take a good nap. See if they go away. Keep timing them and see if they are getting closer. Are they braxton hicks or are they painful? Braxton hicks can feel quite a bit of pressure but they are just your body practicing.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:34 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm 37 weeks & 4 days. My doctor check me on 36 weeks. I wasn't dilated yet. My last ob was yesterday but she didn't check If I dilated yet or not? But just today my stomach been pressuring and having contractions.
    Boavang

Comment by Boavang (original poster) at 8:34 PM on May. 27, 2011

• It's not painful, but it's been doing it the whole day. I just wanna know If that means I can be in labor in 24 hours from having theses pressuring on stomach and contractions?
    Boavang

Comment by Boavang (original poster) at 8:36 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Sometimes the contractions can come and go, it is really is not a sign of when you might have the baby. For me I am 34 weeks and I have braxton hicks all of the time and have had them for a month or so. It is when they are actually painful and they are more than pressure that I know that I am actually in labor.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:48 PM on May. 27, 2011

• you may be dehydrated drink water if it doesn't stop call your doc.
    jfrancis91680

Answer by jfrancis91680 at 9:01 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I did had water all day. I've been having braxton hicks before couple months while back. But they weren't pressuring my stomach.
    Boavang

Comment by Boavang (original poster) at 9:06 PM on May. 27, 2011