How can I find my dream job of staying home and working from home, i have looked for several weeks and feel there is no hope. I donot want to sell anything, or make phone calls I need advice where to began ?

ohiomom4873

Asked by ohiomom4873 at 8:42 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• well, if you don't want to sell anything or make phone calls what exactly do you see yourself doing?!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:43 PM on May. 27, 2011

• go on to career builders ,com they have alot of work from home jobs. alot of them are data entry jobs..
    hoobasweet

Answer by hoobasweet at 8:43 PM on May. 27, 2011

• What about computer design/graphics?
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:43 PM on May. 27, 2011

• There is not a simple solution to this. Believe me, if there were, a lot more moms would be working from home! And if you don't want to sell anything or make phone calls, you've basically excluded the majority of things you can do from home to make money. Before you commit yourself to the idea that working from home is your "dream job", you need to be more specific than that - think about what your passions are, and try to decide how you could turn that into a moneymaking venture.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:44 PM on May. 27, 2011

• What DO you want to do? What are your qualifications? How much time are you willing to work?

A lot of jobs can be telecommute, but you have to be very qualified for the job - so good they want you at the cost of telecommuting.

Then there are positions like medical transcriptionist, but you do need training and you do still have to find a job afterwards.

Finally, there is the option of working for yourself. Do you have skills you can contract out from home? Are you able to be a virtual assistant? Prepare marketing materials? Design pageant gowns? And do you have the fortitude and gumption to work for yourself and sell your business?
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 8:46 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You are more than welcome to read through my blog when you have time at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:40 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I work from home with my husband. He designs software and I do graphics. I love it and if you're artistic, it's definitely something you should consider going to school for. How are you with a camera, maybe you could start a photography business. A lot of women that I know have built up really profitable photography businesses after a year or so.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 9:48 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I looked long and hard before I finally found what was right for Family and Me. What is right for someone may not be best for you. I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3½ year old son, and 2 year old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms who specialize in helping each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! We have free training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping Families Achieve Their Goals Since 1999!
    Visit my website to get all the details.
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    We are the largest group of Women working from Home online!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:04 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with small business marketing and medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:42 PM on May. 28, 2011