How do I get my 15 year old son to recognize that I`m hear?

I am 23 years old and married to a 47 year old. I have 3 girls (2,3,5) and he has a 15 year old son. We`ve been married for over a year. But his son my step son doesn`t egknollege that I exsist. I try to be loveing and caring and also a parent to him. He excepts everything I give, but when it comes to punishment I`m not being heard the way I feel like I should be. When I get on to him,He goes over my head and runs to his father. I`m not trying to take place of his mother, witch he see`s every weekend. It`s just that I have to be mother to my kids and he added in as one of mine. What do I do?

jackiesbaby21

Asked by jackiesbaby21 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• well first learn how to spell words.. its here* and its which* and exist* and loving* sorry its just really annoying to me
    Anonymous

• Sorry for the spelling, I didn`t check after i typed.
    jackiesbaby21

Answer by jackiesbaby21 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Isn't this a repeat question? I don't think you will ever win this young man over really bc of your age. Did his dad leave his mom for you? Does he have reason to believe you broke up his home? Kids think all sorts of bad things about young women who marry their dads. I don't think your credibility or authority is going to hold up with him since he's closer to your age than pops is. No offense meant by that. He thinks you are just a kid yourself and probably just sees you as a step sister not a step mom. I'm really not bashing, I'm just telling you what some kids think. My son had to deal with that and he still walks all over his step mother and he's 36 now. I'm not proud of that but sons resent young stepmothers

Answer by admckenzie at 11:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• good qustion I have been trying to do that for almost 6 yrs nothing yet.... but then I have a 16 yr old daughter to and she does the same to her dad(step) but thy do say mom or dad and that is pretty much it.....so for me I am just counting down till thy graduate and get out (lol) but no 4 real if you need to talk i will do my best to listen and answer what i can good luck in all
    browneyes61

Answer by browneyes61 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2008