Weirdest thing anyone has told you during your pregnancy

first weird thing, My mom said it because I was complaining on bad acid reflux I had. She told me my baby was gonna have a lot of hair thanks to that. (wth) What about you?

SamJ321

Asked by SamJ321 at 9:07 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was told that too -
    Um weirdest to me was a co-worker telling me about her miscarriage.. like HELLO.. ?? really??
    Man, I do miss being pregnant -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:10 PM on May. 27, 2011

• that my daughter was going to be just like my niece.... oh wait that was just mean... but wierd is when my sister would just keep telling me i was going to have a girl cause i kept wearing pink... she's and odd cookie.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 9:10 PM on May. 27, 2011

• DH told me that I had acid reflux from the mushrooms I was eating because "having his child inside of me was re-writing my DNA" Yes he really did say that! lol....I'm going to pretend he was saying it just to make me laugh because I hope to God he doesnt really beleive that! LOL
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:11 PM on May. 27, 2011

• if wearing pink means you'll have a girl I wear brown/ black all the time does it mean I'll have a dark coloured baby o.O (lol)
    SamJ321

Comment by SamJ321 (original poster) at 9:11 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Honestly, the weirdest thing I've heard during pregnancy was the night my oldest son was born. I'd been in labor for 21 hours, and they finally decided to do a c-section. The surgeon that did it came into the labor room,and told me he was going to take my appendix out, also, because he said when air hit the appendix, they had to come out anyway within a year,so he just saved women the trouble,and took them out during the c-section. I have never heard this before, or since, no one I've ever talked to had heard of it, and most doctors look at me like I have 2 heads when I tell them. Not sure what the real reason was, but he didn't even charge for it, and I no longer have to worry about my appendix rupturing.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:14 PM on May. 27, 2011

• yes yes it does stay out of the sun cause your bab will come out tanned lol... i know but to my surprise i am having a girl... i think my sister is a witch lol
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 9:20 PM on May. 27, 2011

• One of my co-workers told me she had a dream the other night, where she and my fella had slept together and I was actually pregnant with their baby. For a funnier visual, I'm very very Asian and they are both very very Caucasian.
    itsmommalori

Answer by itsmommalori at 9:57 PM on May. 27, 2011

• This lady at my work kept telling me I was going to have a girl, and then I found out I was having a boy. She told me the baby must have switched sex because I was around boys a lot! It was too weird.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 10:00 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i was once told that during pregnancy the brain shrinks to make room for the extra liquid in the body.
    i had horrible acid reflux during pregnancy, and my son was born 3 wks early with no hair, but a thin layer of "peach fuzz" all over him.
    babymomma101110

Answer by babymomma101110 at 11:14 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I was outside talking to my dad, mom, and fiance. Me and my mom were sitting there feeling my baby boy move and everything and my dad and Fiance start talking and say how every day is basically another day that your dying since youre getting older each day and close to death. Im like, WOW Thanks guys! Thats something real nice to talk about when I have someone inside of me who hasnt even started their life yet!
    I dont know if it was so much as weird, but it deffinately bothered me.
    lizjones

Answer by lizjones at 12:33 PM on May. 28, 2011