Would u be upset if

Your engagement ring only cost a third of what his ex wife's engagement ring cost? My friend just got engaged and her ring cost about $2000. His ex wife's engagement ring cost him over $6000. My friend knows this because the ex sent him an e-mail asking him if he wanted to buy the ring off of her and give it to HER for an engagement ring. Anyway, should she be upset that her ring cost so much less? (No, she is not materialistic, I was just curious.)

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 9:08 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• i wouldn't be but that that is just me.. i wouldn't care if the the ring came out of a cracker jack box the fact that he proposed to me and it was from his heart right there means the world to me... i'm not materialistic either and maybe cause he knows that about her is why he thinks it's not a big deal... and his ex was... if she loves him the cost shouldn't matter.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 9:15 PM on May. 27, 2011

• No, circumstances change, maybe he could afford a 6000 ring then and cant now, not something to go into debt for. The ring is just an outward sign anyway.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:11 PM on May. 27, 2011

• No...I wouldnt be upset...only God knows when he bought the ex that ring...with the economy being shit the way it is now..who can afford $6000 on a ring? I wouldnt think twice about it =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:13 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i got my ring from walmart and it cost 139.00 and his ex wifes cost about 2000.00... personally i dont think rings mean anything i would love my hubby even if i didnt have a ring.
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 9:13 PM on May. 27, 2011

• nah I wouldn't mind, mine was worth a 1000$ I was happy no matter what
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 9:15 PM on May. 27, 2011

• not about the price i think 2000 is a hell of alot of money but im poor but the idea that he'd try to give me his exes ring yes
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:15 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't care
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:17 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Nope I would not be upset. I am guessing that maybe he is at a different more responsible point in life. Things change, it is really the meaning behind it that matters.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:17 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Yeah, his ex is the materialistic one. He did not try to give her his exes ring. The ex offered him to buy it and do it but he declined.
    emmyandlisa

Comment by emmyandlisa (original poster) at 9:21 PM on May. 27, 2011

• It depends. Is there a difference between his financial situation then compared to now? Is there a reason he couldn't get an expensive ring?
    BraydonsMama262

Answer by BraydonsMama262 at 9:22 PM on May. 27, 2011