How do I induce labor at home?

I had a migraine, high blood pressure, protein in my urine, and was throwing up most of the day yesterday so I was monitored for 6 hours and given fluids. Doctor said that if I was 39 weeks we would have done a c-section. I'm am 38 weeks and 5 days! With the way I was getting monitored yesterday I was having very steady contractions and my dr thought I would just go in to natural labor. Since I didn't I have been at home, and I am sooo ready and frankly worried about baby *what with the high blood pressure and protein in my urine*.... any suggestions to get my water broke or induce labor would be wonderful! :) ThAnK yOu AlL!!

mamaturtle2011

Asked by mamaturtle2011 at 9:37 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You really don't want a c-section unless you have to, trust me. I've given birth naturally with no drugs and a c-section and I would do it 10 times in a row drug free before having to endure the recouperation of a surgery again. In any case, there really is no way to induce labor, some have had luck with some home remedies and I'm sure they'll be along to tell you. Best you can do is get in the car and find a very bumpy road. You can also walk, walk and walk some more. Your baby will be fine and will get here when it's ready, although that's not always when mom is ready.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:53 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i read something about eggplant stuff, you can google the recipe. i heard pineapple helped, and sex.
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 10:03 PM on May. 27, 2011

• not sure of the spelling but kastor oil works great. not sure why or how but my sister drank some and my nephew was born that night. I mixed some in my juice with my first daugher and she was also born that same night. It tastes terrible but for us at least it seems to work.
    IamErin-K.

Answer by IamErin-K. at 10:05 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I heard castor oil works wonders too. Ive known ppl that have done it, but my doctor told me not to :( IDK wwhyy, i wanted to try it though
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 10:09 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Patience. It is almost time. Why mess with perfection. You would probably cause more harm than good by trying to play God. I know the feeling, but you could put you and your babys' life in danger.. all because you are being impatient. Focus on other things. Do your nails, bake some meals to freeze, mix cookie dough and freeze, get envelopes addressed for announcements, anything to take your mind off of it. You are almost there... Good Luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:11 PM on May. 27, 2011

• castor oil didn't work for me. It stimulates your bowels and the pooping triggers labor. Drink lots of water and clean. Put on some high beat funky music and scrub down everything you find. (with dawn and water no chemicals) The high energy movement will get your body to produce those chemicals that act like the castor oil. Squats can help move baby down and let your hips shift slowly to ease some of the pain too, so can arching your back on your hands and knees.

Good luck and here's hoping for no C-section!
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 12:53 AM on May. 28, 2011