Bullying

Do you ever worry about your children being picked on at school?

malexander2009

Asked by malexander2009 at 9:38 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Bullying is a really bad problem in alot of schools and the schools r not doing anything about it!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:40 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My son did get picked on a lot when we moved and he had to switch schools. It was bad but he survived it, actually had some good friends in the last few years (he went to a vocational school) and has now been out of school for about five years and is doing well and still friends with all those kids.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:45 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My son has high functioning autism and yes I worry. He is only in kindergarten now but I hear so many stories of kids with special needs getting picked on and bullied.
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 10:02 PM on May. 27, 2011

• bullying is becoming more apparent nowadays. I think people are actually paying attention to it. There was bullying going on when I was growing up, but it seemed like if you said something about it, it got worse. I know alot of kids just can't handle it, and don't want to say anything, but I hope I have talked to my kids enough to tell me when something is going on.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 8:08 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Yes, and she has been. That's why she was in karate. :) Also, we have good communication, so when I feel like the school isn't doing enough, I go mama-bear all over the principal. I also talk to the moms of the bullies, if I know her, and let them know what's what.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:51 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I do but my son will know how to stick up for himself if he needs to.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 7:55 PM on May. 30, 2011

• It is always in the back of my mind but I won't worry about it unless a problem arises.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 11:24 AM on May. 31, 2011

• bump
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Maybe I should but it just isn't on my radar.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 2:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011