What kind of hand soap do you use?

What kind of hand soap do you use for your child? I used to use a bar of soap but then after a while it gets all mushy and messy.
Then I tried liquid but that gets all messy with them too.

What do you suggest?

Butterfly1108

Asked by Butterfly1108 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I use liquid soaps. Whatever you choose, make sure you do NOT get "anti-bacterial" soap. ALL soap is antibacterial and washing with plain old soap and water is still the best way to go. The "anti-bacterial" soaps do no more good and may do harm. We have enough super bugs already. Please don't help make more.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• We usually use liquid but I recently came across some cool faoming hand soap from the Dollar Tree. They had a Hot Wheels kind and a Barbie kind that my kids loved! Less mess and it doesn't go so fast!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I would suggest use the liquid soap that turns into foam soon as it comes out. And teach them how not to get too much. I have a 2, 3, & 5 Year old girls. Been there and done that.
    jackiesbaby21

Answer by jackiesbaby21 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I despise bar soap! I think it's totally gross but that's my opinion. no one in our house can seem to figure out how to rinse all the dirt and grime off of it when they use it. It honestly makes me gag and almost puke when it gets to that gooey part too.

the foam stuff mentioned above is awesome though!
    Anonymous

• I also just use regular hand soaps from a pump. I get the method kind that is free of dyes and is natural. I also avoid the antibacterial because they use an ingredient called triclosan (sp?) that has shown to do more harm then good.

This is not to be confused with alcohol based sanitizers like purell, those are FINE. I use those when we are out during flu season before we eat at a mall, etc...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I keep the liquid Softsoap. When the grandchildren were younger, I pumped for them. Not that they are 10,9, and 7, they can do it for themselves.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2008