Birthday start time on fourth of july...

I am having a hard time debating what time to start the bday party.

It is on the 4th of july and understand some people may be spending it with family and friends so I want a convienent time for them and for my family.

I am leaning towards 2 o'clock but understand a maority of the people will be late and would really push the start tme at 3.

we have a magic show and I am planning for the magic show to be an hr after the party start time .

what is a good time to start?
We are having bounce houses water slides and pools and a cookout and not sure if I should have the kids come and play in the water and then show or show and then the water.
I have a feeling once the kids see the pools and slides they wont want to get out.

please give me ideas how to plan all this and what time is a good start time for party and magic show.

(its my dd'ss 4th day so mostly 4 yrs and some preteens)

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 9:42 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Wow, I would first get confirmations from friends and family who won't be out of town - if TOO many will be, maybe do the next weekend. if that's not possible I think 2 or 3 is a reasonable time! But it really all depends on how many people are coming or some of it won't be worth the money
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:44 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I think 3 would be a good time. It gives you time to get the cookout going. My second oldest daughter's birthday is on the 4th, so it always made it a little difficult for kids to come to her party. Last year my Great Dane gave birth to puppies on the 4th, which is also her birthday. We had a big thing planned to go to the beach to celebrate my daughter's birthday and ended up staying home to help with the puppies. Happy birthday to your daughter!
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:45 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'd try to get a feel for what people are usually doing on that day - I know some people go to all-day barbecue things or make plans to go out of town, so that'd be the first thing I'd want to check. But, since it's mostly for young ones, I think early afternoon should be a winner. :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:51 PM on May. 27, 2011

• @maxmom I am sending invites next week so that I can have a definite idea on who is coming. MY immidate family and friends alone is about 10 kids so if others did not come it would be ok.
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on May. 27, 2011

• It depends on where the party is too. I would persoanlly incorporate the fireworks into it. But with your plan I'd start with the magic show at 1, followed by waterplay and lunch.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 3:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2011